On Thursdays throughout the year our Music Teacher, Angeline, offers planned music sessions for the children in the Nursery. These sessions are planned to complement the wider Nursery Curriculum. We believe that music offers many, many benefits for young children.
- Boosting brain power - music stimulates parts of the brain that are necessary for reading and maths
- Improving memory
- Helping children’s listening and communication skills
- Helping children to develop socially, working together on a shared task or experience
- Helping children to find positive ways of self-expression
- Helping children to make connections and be creative.