Our values and what makes us different
Working together we want all children at Woodlands Park to be happy, healthy and safe and achieve their full potential
We place the rights of children at the heart of everything we do.
Through our work on global citizenship and environmental sustainability children are immersed in the key British values of respect, tolerance, compassion, democracy, freedom of speech and acceptance of difference and diversity.
We aim to listen to, and acknowledge the views of everyone in the centre, embracing who we are and where we have come from. In recognition of this, our expectations of behaviour are underpinned by the following values which were agreed by all staff:
- RESPECT AND RECOGNITION: to value and celebrate our own and others’ contributions and uniqueness, and to show consideration for our own feelings and the feelings of others. To treat others as you would want to be treated
- AUTONOMY AND RESPONSIBILITY: to enable children and adults to explore their feelings and express themselves freely in an environment which supports decision making and opportunities to consider the consequences of our words and actions. To understand that rules matter
- INCLUSION: to provide access to learning for all, taking into account everyone’s needs, background and ability, working together to share the same vision and work towards the same goal. To make decisions together
- HONESTY: to empower everyone to communicate openly and honestly in their interactions with each other in a respectful manner.
- ASPIRATION: to enjoy learning and have the ambition to achieve